Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fresh Out

I've hit a drought
fresh outta fucks
can't give none and I'm done
done caring, done sharing, done listening, done fixing, done kissing
done hugging, done loving, done stunting, done taking, done giving
done feeling...hand me the cement blocks and concrete
I'm building this wall and it won't take long because among
the soft and warm hearted
I've departed
to a place so cold and remote
look at the icicles that've made a home on my shoulder
can't get no colder
than this
dismissed all
notions for emotions, I am hopeless,
but not a romantic and granted
thats what you've expected from me but things change
and I can't be the same and be dumb enough to let
another one hurt me
no wounds or scars to show for it
no blood or bruise just excuses
and I won't confuse this
with what the truth is and
the reality is
I'm this way because you didn't care when I did.

1 comment:

miss royal said...

I'm sorry you ever felt this way. I hope I never feel like this--"so cold and remote". No one deserves to.