Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reservations

I made reservations
certain accommodations to make u feel comfy.
Put u above me.
Ur needs were my plump seeds...
sowed u till u grew
Kept u till u knew
tht it was no1 else for me.
Fluffed ur ego,
turned down your bed sheets,
washed ur conceit into self esteem.
And gave u chocolate covered confidence on ur pillows.
Very minty
and yet and still
u still refused to love me.
But had noreservations on making my home urs,
stored ur shit everywhere
Emotionlessness was the gunk on the counter nxt to the toothpaste,
fear of failure collected as dust on the book case,
fear of success smelled of old laundry on the floors,
then the lack of daddy issues ensued and left a dark ring around the tub,
making my home filthy and I was junky
Stressed with the responsiblity of cleanin all this shit up
Piles and piles of dependency
Spilling over like a waterfall but not the beautiful kind
the ugly dangerous tht kills u and is only beautiful when u look at it in a certain way
with bleached stained pupils,
I know you...yea I knew u,
images of majestic magicians and tall faitytales of men who said how they felt while riding horseback or
kisses that gave life or
love tht was always happy in the end,
I knew you like a fool knew his trickster.
I was her, tht fool.
That let u see wht it was like to be loved unconditionally
so vulnerably
w/o reserve
w/no reverence required just reciprocity,
just needed u to love me the way tht I loved u.

My mistake to assume.

2 comments:

miss royal said...

I felt that. Loved it. The imagery and metaphors were well-created. *snap snap* Enough said.

miss royal said...

As I read this, I can visualize it! I think it would be so moving, if this poem could be transferred to video, like a short film.