Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Understatement

Missing you
Has become a full time occupation
with no leave or vacation
I get no sick days or holidays with pay.
I make a living of living in the thoughts of your absence
And I'm lacking
Sleep and concentration
unable to focus on fruitful moments that don't include you
so accustom to you occupying moments in my mind
that there are no longer vacant spaces
but emptiness lingers in different hiding places, like..
your fingertips, that use to speak whispers across my skin
but now just images of hands that mirror my own exist
like lips that remained locked up, kidnapped within mine
but somehow escaped my captivity, leaving it hollow.
but what is a cell without its mate?
like the hypnotic song that fills your eyes
melting me into a melody,
but what of it no lyrics?
like..the cosmic molecular kinetic energy
that has no electricity
I have no power
like stars burning in a sky with no darkness I cant shine
like trees with no roots, I cant grow
like books with no pages, I cant be read
like pens with no ink, I don't write
like letters that don't make words, I'm senseless
rhyme without reason
seasons that don't change
wounds with no pain, I don't feel,
like me without you is surreal,
so to say that I miss you...
is an understatement
with undertones that don't fit, with a meaning that don't exist in this instance
because I miss you, are words, and what bleeds from me are feelings that can't be heard.
Its absurd because as a poet, I'm the cure for a writers block
describing feelings unwritten is my prophecy
but no one could foresee this level of dependency
on three words...that lacked depth...to mean more
so for lack of better words
I miss you.

1 comment:

miss royal said...

This made me smile 'cause once again, I can relate. ...Get out of my head, please! I didn't ask you to share my thoughts! *smile*