Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Engaged

Holding Hands

The day we met
I could feel the earth shake beneath me
literally
move me
moving me into believing that what i was feeling was make believe
as if i'd been dropped into fairytale.
bc usually
this isn't what i'm use to,
i'm use to the reality of falling for someone
who cant spell reciprocity,
let alone grant it to me.
caring for some1 that couldn't comprehend loyalty.
placing my heart on a limb
only to find that they couldn't do vulnerability
emotionally incarcerated
i was jailed in but like a fairytale you came and
rescued me.
showed me what it was like to be loved unconditionally.
taught of living in my beliefs and not just in speaks-
spoke to me passionately-
openly showing me that you were open to me
not afraid of loving me openly
opposing all negativity-u are opium to me.
so high,
how could i ever refuse you?
that would be insanity....
and i'm not feeling any screws loose.
so when you ask me to trust,
i will deliberately.
when you need me in times that are wary, i'll already be sitting next to you.
when you tell me your darkest secrets, i will become mute.
when you cry tears, i will cry them with you.
when the world is crashing towards you like a mack ten truck, i will shield you.
and when you forget of love, i will be here to remind you my love
and this is all, only in my engagement to you
wait until i marry you
and all the promises that will ensue

Written specifically for the engagement of Missy Lane and Chris T.

1 comment:

miss royal said...

Love should be like this...making one feel free & safe--to give & receive.